Finance functions face many pressures and challenges to enable continued improvement in business performance. We are continually hunting for more sources of profitability, cash and intangible financial value. In the march for growth and profitability we can sometimes overlook working capital management despite the risk of failure when a business no longer has the cash or financing to pay its bills. Cash is king and working capital management can unlock cash from day to day operations. Good working capital management can yield a range of great benefits and help minimize risks and lost opportunities.
The key objectives to be achieved includes:
- best practices to manage their firm’s working capital (cash available for day-to-day operations);
- how to improve the firm’s liquidity position, financial health, and reduce risk to allow management to take advantage of unexpected opportunities, and
- to qualify for bank loans and favorable trade credit terms.
- clarify the role of working capital and signpost you to techniques to help you and your business colleagues optimize it for the benefit of your organization’s performance.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- defining working capital clearly
- assessing working capital adequacy and liquidity
- selling the benefits of working capital management to your colleagues
- identifying the risks from poor working capital management
- explaining techniques to enhance working capital management
- Develop and implement short-term borrowing strategies and procedures, including alternative financing methods (e.g., letters of credit, factoring, discounting, netting).
- Develop and implement short-term investment strategies and procedures.
- Execute and report short-term borrowing transactions.
- Execute and report short-term investment transactions.
- Calculate, analyze, and evaluate financial ratios to optimize financial decision making.
Working Capital Management (In-person)
₵1,800.00Online booking closed
Working Capital Management (Virtual)
₵1,250.00Online booking closed
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 - Friday, August 14, 2020