The current trend in Internal Audit – Risk Based Internal Audit (RBIA) requires that Internal Auditors (IA) are strategically and operationally linked to the business risk and assurance framework.
This requires that auditors understand the risk profile of their organisations and be able to prioritize and allocate resources to the most risk prone processes within the institution. The days of pre-audits are long gone and the auditor is now more focused on adding value
to the governance system in organizations through efficient and effective risk profiling of the institutions operations and making sure that audit resources have been geared towards strengthening internal controls and minimizing possible losses through systematic
evaluation, monitoring and consulting services to help achieve organisational objectives and goals.
In this workshop:
- Participants will discover why Audit functions that focus their efforts on
significant risk are able to concentrate their resources on issues that drive their
- You will learn how to put in place a risk –based approach that is truly business
- You will gain an understanding of what is necessary to make your audit function
totally risk based;
- learn tools, methodologies and techniques that will boost auditor productivity
and ‘’bullet proof’’ audit plans; and
- Discover how to convert the entire audit process to a risk-based approach that
will take you from planning all the way through to report writing.
- Throughout the workshop class exercises will allow you to hone your risk-based
- You will leave this workshop with a specific understanding of what is necessary
to be risk-based and how to implement this approach.
Risk Based Internal Auditing
Monday, May 11, 2020 - Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Wednesday, August 19, 2020 - Friday, August 21, 2020
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - Friday, November 13, 2020