This comprehensive five (5 days) hands-on training is aimed at providing participants with an overview and in-depth requirements for preparing general purpose financial statements and disclosures under the IPSAS.
The fundamental training on IPSAS is aimed at public sector officers and managers involved in the financial management of the resources allocated and generated by their activities. As IFRS is to private sector entities so is IPSAS the yardstick for general purposes financial reporting by public sector entities.
The underlying assumptions and principles for such public sector financial reporting, decision making and evaluation are based on the Standards and practice guidance of IPSAS.
IPSAS are modifications of the IFRS mainly to suit public sector institutions – government Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAs) and all Metropolitan, Municipal & District Assemblies (MMDAs) are encouraged to prepare and report their financial transactions based on the IPSAS.
IPSASB accounting standards and recommended practice guides has become the main instructive measure on financial reporting for national, regional, and local agencies.
Learning Outcomes and Objectives
The learning objectives and outcomes for this 5 days’ seminar would equip and hone participant’s skills and knowledge in IPSAS, including:
- Understand Accrual Based IPSAS requirements, including accounting policies and disclosures
- Implement the IPSAS recognition and measurement rules for assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses
- Learn the requirements for presentation of IPSAS financial statements and related disclosures
- Plan for issues that arise when transitioning from the cash basis to the accrual basis of accounting
- Identify transitional provisions in IPSAS standards
- Increase planning opportunities through awareness of likely future IPSAS changes
- Learn the sources of IPSAS guidance that are available
IPSAS - Public Sector Financial Reporting (In-person)
IPSAS - Public Sector Financial Reporting (Virtual)
₵1,500.00Online booking closed
Monday, June 7, 2021 - Friday, June 11, 2021