Corporate Governance and Risk Management discusses the role of corporate governance in ensuring that the corporation adds maximum value to society, as well as how to measure corporate performance whiles managing effectively the business risk facing the business.
The current changes in the financial services sector in Ghana requires serious look at the corporate governance and risk management in managing not only financial institutions but all other organisations. The Bank of Ghana (BoG) directives on Corporate Governance Directives and Transitional Provisions will be looked into and guidance given to institute required structures and systems by Directors, Risk Managers, Auditors and Compliance officers in such institutions.
At the end of this two days training participants will learn the following:
- The context for the roles of shareholders, owners, and managers.
- The role of directors as the link between those who provide capital (the shareholders) and the people who use that capital to create value (the managers).
- Address the roles and responsibilities of board committees and directors of typical corporations.
- Address the requirements and changes needed to meet Bank of Ghana’s (BoG) Corporate Governance Directives and Transitional Provisions;
- Using specific examples and case studies to illustrate how to fairly measure management performance to ensure that stakeholders / shareholders’ interests are being met;
- illuminate the ways in which COSO Enterprise Risk Management enables organizations of all types and sizes to understand and better manage their risk environments, as well as to make better decisions through use of the COSO ERM framework;
- Best practices in control frameworks, as well as practical information that will enable you to manage auditor expectations, meet regulatory requirements, and leverage your company’s investment in internal controls in support of business goals and objectives.
Corporate Governance and Risk Management (In-person)
Corporate Governance and Risk Management (Virtual)
Monday, March 29, 2021 - Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Monday, August 23, 2021 - Wednesday, August 25, 2021